Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Amish in Iowa

I crossed the border into Iowa this past Monday (from Missouri). I had to pee really bad so I stopped at the Welcome Center. There were 2 horses with small wagons parked outside the Center, but since I had to pee so bad I decided to take pictures later. I walked into the store and there were 3 Amish men sitting in these addirondick chairs. I walked straight past them towards the restrooms.
After I was done (pheew!!) I roamed around the store and bought a couple little knick-knacks. I walked out and the horses and wagons were gone! As I pulled out of the parking lot, I saw one of the horses and wagon on the other side of the street. And then I realized... ahhh... these are REAL Amish people! I was so sure that they were part of the store! You know, like the "welcoming party". Haha... I felt so silly!

No comments: