Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Buzzed!

I did it! After all the anticipation, I finally donated all of my hair today to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign. Well, almost all of it. I look like a tibetan monk with this military buzz cut!
People were not aware that I was going to buzz all my hair off, so when they heard about it and saw the clippers (courtesy of Mandarine Spa), they were quite shocked! But most of all, they were there to support me. Kim Welch, another tour player (and winner on the Big Break tv/golf series) also donated her hair. She was able to donate 8" of her pony tail. It's unfortunate that more players did not participate in such a good cause. Hopefully, once my hair grows out again (hmm... which might take a while this time!), I'll be able to get more people to participate. A volunteer from Mason, Ohio was able to donate 14" of her hair this past weekend! Hopefully I'll able to meet her in person this weekend to thank her personally.
It sure feels different which so little hair on my head, especially when the wind blows against my scalp! Well, if anything, I won't have to buy shampoo for a while and I won't have to travel with my hair dryer either! :-)

3 comments:

Your happy hubby said...

Honey, you are the most gorgeous beautiful person ever... in the history of ever. I love you and I adore your new look. Its very V for Vendetta...

S and T said...

Well done CLP!! Definitely for a great cause.

I'd donate but, as you know, I'm a bit folliclely (sp??) challenged :-D

Unknown said...

I was thinking GI Jane! Looks great