Sunday, June 7, 2009

Onward to Decatur, IL from Cedar Rapids, IA!

Shot 76 and 75 this week and missed the cut by 2! I think a few years ago, that would have made the cut easily. But now with all these young rookies playing so well, I really need to step it up a little bit more! Can't make bogeys in those final few holes! Grrr... :-s And can you believe it... the winner won by 10 shots this week!
My housing's son caddied me this week. It was nice to have the extra help, especially with the rain on Saturday. For whatever reason, the tour always brings rain to the tournament site! Last year in Decatur, I remembered seeing corn cobs on the muddy fairways! I'm staying with the Tournament Director here and he said that the course is in great shape this year. Fairways are more narrow and the rough is thick! I better straighten out that driver soon!
As usual, I was greeted with the smell of soy driving into Decatur. Ahhh... yes... that familiar smell. I'm not sure how to describe it. It actually smells quite bad. I guess it smells like burnt milk (not that I've ever burnt milk before!)
Well, looking forward to a good week this week. We need a new shed in the backyard for our riding mower!

No comments: