Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hair Donation Videos

The tournament organizer - Game Day Communications, has been nice enough to put together 2 videos of the hair donation event. The first one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQV6sSRkEo was of me and Kim Welch getting our hair cuts, courtesy of The Mandarine Spa. We were situated right outside the clubhouse, in the pavilion.
The second video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aPh4Lbt4PM was of me cutting another player's hair. Violeta Retamoza from Mexico decided she would do it, when I was sitting down at the same table as her last Wednesday during the Meet the Pro's party!
So far, we have 51" of hair - from 5 different people including myself. My lock of hair was just over 16"!! We had a couple other volunteers from the Mason area that donated their hair as well, and we might have another one tomorrow.
As for my new hair do, it's been great! My hair washing time has been cut down to almost NO time and there's no need to blow dry! It's dry pretty much immediately after I hand-dry with a towel. It's really AWESOME! :-) Although, it has been quite hot when the sun hits my scalp. Some people have commented about how much cooler it would be with the buzz cut, but I think it's actually the opposite since I don't have that extra layer of hair to protect my scalp!
Even though there's only a handful of donations, the event has been a success for me personally. My buzz hair cut has made quite statement and has gained a lot of attention, even with all the volunteers here at the tournament! Thanks to Game Day Communications and The Mandarine Spa and the Duramed Championship for making it happen! :-)

No comments: