Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Busy week!

Who would have thought that +6 would have made the cut for last Sunday!?! I was already quite sure that I was going to miss the cut again by 1... but guess the wind and not-so-nice pin positions on Saturday got the most of the players in the afternoon. I was really happy to be able to play on Sunday :-) And I'm also glad that I did not slam my thumb in my car door (like last year) at the Waffle house!
After the event, I went to visit my housing in Lima, Ohio for a night. It was really good to catch up with Charlie and Janice again, and to see their dog Katie! She's such a cutie! From there, it was off to Angola, Indiana for the Junior Achievement Pro-Am. I ended up playing with the owner of the golf club: Glendarin G.C. and his mom too! We came in 2nd place with a 12-under 60! :-) There was a silent auction and I decided to bid on a Vera Bradley bag... and yup, I got it! :-) I normally just carry a money clip so who knows how often I would actually use the bag, but I told Bobby that it was for a good cause. And speaking of money clip, I was looking through the cards in my money clip and realized that I didn't have my debit card! Yeah... it's not the first, but the third time now that I've left it at a restaurant! ARGGHHH!!!
And after a 10+ hour drive today, I'm finally in New Jersey with my in-laws. I will be hopping on a plane first thing tomorrow morning to fly back to Tulsa. It will be nice to finally sleep in my own bed after 4 weeks on the road.
But nonetheless, the hair donation event went really well last week and has made quite an impact at the course as well as during the pro-am last week. One of the girls on the Futures Tour from Argentina lost a bet (in regards to making the cut, which she did) and so, she donated her hair too! It will be a busy off-week to get all the Thank You cards sent out and hair sorted out so I can mail them in to Pantene. I already have a golf lesson scheduled too for Saturday afternoon. I need to get my hook sorted out... QUICK! :-s And let's hope my computer is fixed so I can start posting some pictures too!

No comments: