Thursday, May 21, 2009

Light fixture

We changed out the old light fixture in the foyer today and boy, it was a little bit more "interesting" than we expected! The breaker switch would not come go back on fully after the new light fixture was installed. Our neighbor volunteered to come over to check it out, but eventually, I called a random electrician that I found on the internet. Mike listened patiently to my problem and started giving me free advise over the phone! And the great thing about it was we were able to get the new light to work!!! How awesome is that! The light worked... the advise was free... and no one got hurt! :-)
Earlier in the morning, we saw two hawks in the backyard. Looks like the male hawk is starting to build a new nest in one of the trees out back. You can hear him break branches from one tree and fly up to the nest. Pretty neat. The pic is a little bit blurry but I was able to take it from our kitchen table. The male hawk is the one on the right.
Later during the day today, I took my in-laws to the Philbrook Museum. They really enjoyed it. The garden was in full bloom - a lot different from when Bob and I were there earlier this winter. And the bees were busy collecting pollen!

No comments: