Sunday, May 24, 2009

House update

I was tempted not to work the yard this morning, as I had to practice my golf today. As I pulled up to the golf course, it started to drizzle! Can you believe that! Well, I was determined to practice since there was hardly anyone there. It actually ended up being a pretty nice day!
The front yard/garden is looking a lot better without those holly bushes. As of this evening, I have already gone through about 20 bags of top soil! I still have to clean up around the borders. But once that is done, I'll just have to put down some weed-control fabric and some mulch and that should be good enough for the rest of the summer!









I planted a couple of asian lilies in the backyard. We always brought these flowers up when visiting mom's gravesite back in Malaysia. So I figured this would be a nice touch. The cucumber plant is doing really well! It's starting to flower and it's also starting to curl up the back deck instead of the trellis! Yikes!
I was trimming the hedge by the front of the house today with our new electric trimmer. I ran the extension cord from inside the house and just when I thought: hmmm... I'm awfully close to snipping the cord. And then... Bbzz! I see a spark! Yup, I trimmed the cord! Thank goodness I didn't electrocute myself! :-s

No comments: