Monday, November 15, 2021

Recent eats

I finally made a version of "bubur cha-cha".  It's a Malaysian dessert that can be eaten cold or hot.  There's normally yam in it with tapioca pearls, all mixed into this broth of coconut milk. YUMMM....! Well, it only took me over half my life away from home/Malaysia to finally make it.  I used sweet potato instead and also put some leftover coconut from what Charlie did not finish (he loves drinking fresh coconut water).  So here it is:

I'm glad that Charlie loves bubur cha-cha too (minus the sweet potato), so I'm not the only stuffing my face with this.  I really wonder how many calories each bowl is.  Nah, not going to think about it.  Ha ha!

And speaking of calories, Bobby made some crepes for the first time this past weekend. Boys really enjoyed it!  I don't think there's any way you can go wrong with nutella and strawberries and bananas:
Graham and Charlie are so silly with their facial expressions. See what I mean??!
Charlie ate 3 crepes on Saturday.  And another 2 more on Sunday!  I definitely need to make sure he gets his exercise!

That and eat more oranges!  These mandarin oranges are slowly ripening:
The weather has been really wonky lately - warm, then cold, then foggy, then warm again and the cycle starts over again. Well, did I mention we have 2 orange trees? I should be able to give lots of mandarin oranges away to our neighbors for Thanksgiving!
The oranges started out really sour but it seems that they are slowly getting sweeter as they ripen.  Fingers crossed! I've been having Charlie pick 2 oranges for me almost every day after our lunch :-)

And we are patiently waiting for Charlie's watermelon to ripen too.  Mmmm... hopefully it won't disappoint:
Well, this hawk did not disappoint last week when we saw it swoop down near the beach and catch a mouse.  Yikes!
You can barely see the mouse on its talon, but trust me, it's there.  The hawk was happily ripping it apart soon after. I guess it was a good thing we couldn't see it clearly through this fence:
Blaaaah.... but hey, that's one less mouse.  Woohoo! I do NOT like mice!

No comments: