Thursday, November 18, 2021

Art projects

I've been trying to keep the boys away from their computers by giving them some art projects using air-dry clay.  We actually started a few weeks ago and Charlie finally got a chance to color in his planter after another online purchase of acrylic paint:

Isn't that the cutest thing?!  I love the bright orange with the black and white accents. I'm not sure why but it reminds me of pottery from Mexico:
And here is my fox - not too shabby I guess for a first attempt.  Although my fox seems to have a fairly large head.  Ha ha!
Charlie also made a pencil holder.  This will actually be a Christmas gift for Graham (Shhh... don't tell him).  This year I'm having the boys make each other something using the air-clay instead of buying toys for each other:
Graham is working on a little tray that's made out from his hand.  I made one of these for Bobby on his birthday:
Graham stamped it with his name that's written in Cuneiform, which is a writing form during the Mesopotamia.  He learned it at school in Social Studies.  He was so excited to show it to me when he got home that day.  Since then, he created his own stamp in clay and stamped it on his hand mold/project.  So cute! 
And looks like my elephant eyeglass/jewelry holder is somewhat working too!
I haven't decided what sort of color/pattern I want to do on it yet, so in time I'll get it done.  I may gift that to my sister for Christmas so I probably shouldn't procrastinate for too long.  Thanksgiving is already next week!

And speaking of which, I decided to give a little art class for Charlie's online classroom last week. Just a simple project that uses leaves to make their own little turkey art.  Mine looks rather funny. LOL!

There weren't as many kids that participated as I would have hoped (since it was optional) but it was better than none. I'm glad at least Charlie was able to spend some time with his friends online.  

We have actually decided to send Charlie back to school in-person next year after the Christmas holidays.  He may be in for a rude awakening as school hours in-person are obviously longer and I'm guessing there will also be more work! But we feel he is starting to lag behind so hopefully we aren't quite too late yet for him to play catch-up. As for Graham, I'm glad he is getting the support he needs at middle school and hopefully he continues to improve as the year progresses. Fingers crossed!

No comments: