Monday, August 30, 2021

Surf time

We were finally able to schedule our surf lesson!  It's taken almost over a month since we couldn't quite find the right time and/or our instructor was out of town.  In a way, it actually worked out because my left knee is finally just feeling better.

We practiced a few of our "pop-ups" and then, we make Graham go first.  I don't know but that wave looks pretty big in this photo:

Graham gets carried out on the board and then the coach aligns him for the right wave:
Attempt #1:
Attempt #2:
And then Graham actually gets on the board!  This is his 3rd successful attempt and he was just as ecstatic! And so cute when he even did that Hawaiian "Aloha" hand signal with his left hand.  The coach told him to do that.  Lol! And I've just come to find out that it's called the "shaka" sign - which is also known as "hang loose":
Charlie decided to call it a day after 1 attempt on the board.  I tried a few times on the board and failed miserably.  Needless to say, I had some not-so-graceful tumbles and crashes into the water. Man, salt water really does taste really salty!!! And I thought the waves were quite brutal and it's amazing how it feels like you are so far away from the shore when you aren't really.  The water just gets deep (or at least feels really deep) so quickly.  And the lesson learned today is don't put the weight on the front of the board unless you want to get wiped-out!

Daddy finally joined us for a little bit when it was all said and done, which means it's clean-up time and dinner time!
I'm so glad we didn't sell the minivan.  We have been eating at the back of the minivan a lot more lately because of the Covid pandemic.  It's easy to just call in for take-out and park somewhere.  Can't beat the ocean view!  And can't beat eating Nutella S'mores pizza first before eating the regular Cheese pizza:
Graham opted for some pasta and pesto.  I think it's probably the only green thing that he actually eats!
I wonder what Bobby is telling Graham here.  Love this silhouette:
Another fun day at the beach!  I think I'm going to buy our own surf board and just try again on our own.  I want to be able to stand on that board before ever leaving California.  Ha ha! :-)

No comments: