Monday, August 9, 2021

First attempt at Surfing (July 26)

A couple of weeks ago, we finally set up a time for our very first group surf lesson.  Our instructor showed up while we were all getting our wetsuits on.  I'm glad the ones that I bought for the boys a while back still fits.  And I love their bucket surf-hats:

So, yes... I decided to take this lesson too.  If I were to ever leave California, I could at least say I've been surfing ONCE!
Boys are attempting to carry one of these surfboards down to the beach:
Quite a hike down...
Made it!  And after a few quick lessons on the sand,...
We're off!  Or at least Graham is off:
Charlie and I are waiting by the shore.  We were actually all in it for a bit but the waves were just not cooperating so well.  So the instructor is going to take one person at a time:
Yeah..., as you can hear me laughing in this video, it was just not meant to be!
The waves were so rough and crashing so close to the shore that the instructor decided to call off the day.  And we would just reschedule for another day.  The boys and I were a bit disappointed but nothing we can do about it when Mother Nature does not want to cooperate.  So we just hung out the rest of the morning at the beach.  Graham and Charlie are definitely not complaining about that.  I'm just glad we packed a snack:
I just hope the boys wash off their feet really well before getting back to the car.  It looks like it will be quite the task:
Fun day no less! And definitely looking forward to a nice nap in the afternoon :-)

No comments: