Saturday, July 24, 2021

Science Museum - Art of the Brick (July 7)

We finally decided to take the boys to the Science Museum to see the Lego exhibit.  Thankfully the drive there was not too bad. This place always makes the best entrance, with those fighter jets above our heads:

The boys love watching the workings inside the elevator too.  Ha! Cheap entertainment :-)
Okay, off to the exhibit!
Oh, before that - we checked out this new section in the museum that was displaying lots of photos of the Endeavour shuttle.  That's still on more thing for us to check out in this museum:
I think this is what they are planning for it.  Looks like I'll have to read some more into this one:
In the meantime, off to the Lego exhibit!  This one pretty much caught my attention the minute we walked in:
This Lego artist is amazing!
Yup, one artist created all of this:
Some of them were replicas of famous paintings:
These were mostly in 2D and also in the exact size of the originals:
Amazing!
This one is really cute as the "Scream" is a sticking out of the frame:
I love this one - 3D waves.  So cool!
Moving on to some bigger sculptures:
And even bigger ones!!!
I can't remember how long this one took, or how many pieces.  But I can only imagine it took a lot of both!
This is another one of my favorites - a Lego figure swimming.  And the loose bricks acting like water:
Water drops:
So neat!  Maybe I can try and do something like this for our side wall. Yes, another home project :-P
Oh, these are super amazing too!  It's a couple of photos of the artist's wife - done in Lego bricks:
Some random ones:
Interesting looking figures:
Ahhhh...!!! Dinosaur!!!
Over 80,000 pieces of Lego bricks.  YIKES!!!
This one was a bit creepy:
Oh, these were quite amazing.  The girl in the photo has a Lego dress on:
And here it is! It's pretty amazing how they super-imposed this Lego dress into an actual photograph:
Interesting...
One more section filled with Lego animals:
Amazing!! Wait, I think I said that already:
Hmmm... looking out the window and I don't ever remember seeing a water fountain there before.  Probably check that out later:
You're not suppose to touch the Legos and Graham is obviously testing my patience:
Again, pretty neat how they put these Lego figures into an actual photograph:
Again... testing Mommy with the "I'm not touching it, I'm not touching it.":
Ok, seriously...?!
Charlie is obviously not taking any chances with me:
I think my favorite animal were the flamingos:
So cute! :-)
So looks like for some of these photos, they actually took the Lego animals into the scene itself:
That's it for the Legos!  So, it was interesting but I have to say, probably a bit expensive for just the display they had.  Am I asking for too much?  Boys said they weren't inspired to create anything with Legos when we get home.  What??!

Anyway, off to a snack.  Cool exterior of the building and retired jet by our table:
We promised the boys they could get something from the store.  Needless to say, they are wasting no time!
After some shopping, it's time to check out the water fountain!
Of course the boys have to walk into the direction where the wind is blowing the fountain water:
The roses within this garden are amazing.  And so tall!
Beautiful grounds:
Silly boys... tired after a race:
Over 15,000 rose bushes in 145 varieties.  Woah!!!
Okay, calling it a day.  A couple more photos before we leave.  I love the ceiling of the exterior roof by the entrance:
Neat colors with the sun shining through:
And Graham and Charlie are always wanting to lift this truck on the pulley.  They actually had Daddy lift it first and then had me take the photo when they swapped places with Bobby.  Haha, sneaky boys!
Some day, I'm going to get some sort of Lego project set up in our yard. That will definitely keep the boys off the computer and TV!  Some day... :-P

No comments: