Saturday, July 24, 2021

Fun at the Beach (July 3)

We've been very lucky to be invited to a private beach with some friends.  What a treat! I decided to bake some German pretzels.  No, not from scratch but out of the box which I found recently at a German market.  Here goes!

Okay, this is not quite looking like what's on the box.  Ha ha!  
Plus, I also realized that I needed to sprinkle a lot more of the salt that was provided.  I also made some peach croissants:
Ya, they are not looking too great but thankfully they tasted pretty good!  It was suppose to be peaches on puff pastry but I couldn't find any puff pastry in the supermarket that day.  So I had to improvise :-)

Talk about a warm day!  Charlie is super thirsty.  I'm glad he doesn't complain anymore about wearing a big hat after burning/blistering his ears last month:
Graham is back with his kite on the beach.  He's trying to fly it on his own - so he set the kite down with some sand and runs back, hoping there's enough wind where he can lift the kite by pulling on the strings by himself:
I'm not sure if he had many successes as I remember having to get off my seat to help him.  There were also lots of "tangled strings" moments.  Fun! (NOT!)
Beautiful sunset:
We're so spoiled to have the beach so close by and now, we're even more spoiled to have friends that belong to a private beach!

No comments: