Friday, July 16, 2021

Wall art projects

Call me crazy, but I decided to add some more tiles to our front wall.  Somehow it just seems like something was missing.  And I also added another cat in the corner and a couple other butterflies:  

I think he's pretty cute, sneaking around the corner like that :-)  And I added a "sun" with the tiles:
Somehow I wasn't quite liking the curve, so I changed it out to some straighter lines.  Now I'm not sure if I like it this way either.  Ha! I'm obviously a person that changes her mind a lot.  Basically a tough person to please :-P
Here's the entire wall! I'm guessing this is it... unless I have some other crazy ideas:
I'm not sure what we'll have to do when we sell this house.  Hopefully the next family will have some kids that love the wall.  Ha ha!

Speaking of wall, here's another project for the side wall in the backyard.  I'm going to try and paint this tree on the wall so the pipes "disappear".  I'm not sure how, but let's see!
And then, some cacti on the other side.  I found some glow-in-the-dark green spray but perhaps that's too much??!
So the plan is to paint some mountains and then this huge sunrise... or sunset???  I bought a yellow spray can.  I wonder if that's too much.  Maybe I need to buy orange too - just to mix it up a bit.  Who knows. Everything is still work in progress and trial-and-error. I actually ended up taking a long string and actually drawing the sun accordingly from a single point. That's how serious this got. LOL!
My mountains are not very mountain-looking. I'm going to have to do more research on this.  Who knew it would be that tricky:
I haven't had much time to work on this lately.  Looks like it's going to take a while!  Oh, ps - I'm using all sorts of leftover paint from our house projects. So we'll see what sort of colors we end up with. Ha ha!

No comments: