Friday, July 16, 2021

New faucet and bathroom mirror

 We finally got our new NEW bathroom faucets!  The first set of new faucets were defective (at least for our master bathroom) so we ordered another one.  But then, the one that arrived ended up being defective too!  So in the end, I told the store that I just wanted to take these faucets out and start with brand new/different models.  I'm so glad they were able to do that without too much of a hassle.

So one month later after the initial install, here's our new NEW faucet:

I'm actually liking this one so much more because it is not as tall and the spout is not as long so it doesn't take up too much of the sink.  Graham actually picked this one out and luckily, there were 2 perfect sets in the store.  Woo hoo!

And now, time to fix this mirror.  I actually bought a new mirror for the boys' bathroom.  Somehow this one that came with the house just did not speak to me.  I had already painted the frame once and still, it did not "bring me joy!"  Ha ha!
Here's the new mirror.  Pretty!
Although, I totally didn't take into account those screw holes from the previous mirror.  Urgh!!! I thought this new mirror was just as wide, but NOPE!
Looks like this is going to take longer than expected.  I'm also measuring everything out in case we can afford some new backsplashes.  What do you think of this green tile??? ;-P
These anchors were a beast to take out:
My patch job for the screw holes were not very good.  So, next solution... paint!  I figured I'd make some sort of "frame" to make the mirror look wider as well:
Here's my basic sketch.  Hope the idea actually transfers properly to the wall itself:
No turning back now, unless of course I really mess up and then I just have to paint the entire wall (again!):
I picked a light pink color since this was the color I originally wanted to use in the kitchen.  Plus, I have a whole pint of it since I never did get to use it in the kitchen:
I'm taking a photo of the paint, so I can keep a record of it too. 

Hmm... can still sort of see the old holes, but maybe no one will really notice:
And so much for taping for clean edges, the paint it bleeding!!!
Alright,... ta da!!!  
So looks like you just have to admire the mirror from an angle and obviously not too close.  That way you won't see the bleeding paint although it may look like it's intentional.  If anything, Charlie says that their bathroom has a new feel to it because of the new faucet and the new mirror.  I'm so happy he noticed!  I haven't heard any comments from Bobby yet and it's been quite a few days now.  Hmm... maybe he has learned to just accept what I do to the house. LOL!

No comments: