Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The many (sleepy) faces of Charlie

This is probably quite mean of me but how can you not post these!  Charlie is almost always falling asleep in the car when we are out and about in the afternoons:
And you wonder why he complains about his neck being sore after being in these sleeping positions:
I don't remember what we did on this day, but he was totally out!  At first in the car and then, he moved into the front living room and plopped himself on the couch.  He napped for another hour or so before I had to finally wake him up for dinner!
This one was a pretty recent one - just before the boys' music lessons.  Bobby said he looks like our pet giraffe.  Real nice, daddy!
Thankfully, Charlie wakes up and is all excited about his piano classes.  His teacher is really impressed at how well he is doing and how well he can keep his attention span for a 30 minute class:
I mean, what's not to like about a teacher that has bright pink hair and a pink cat-themed dress!  My piano teacher when I was growing up was so conservative! Graham is also taking his violin lessons at the same time in the same studio.  Sunset Learning Studio was recommended by a mom from school. Graham is choosing to play the violin for 4th Grade and his first trial lesson this past Monday went great!  He is loving it :-)

We were actually going to stop Charlie's lessons and have him learn from Mommy instead after our unexpected towing expense with the City of LA a few days ago.  At first Charlie was fine with the idea but then when I told him to tell Daddy how his lesson went later that day, he started to cry and was like "I want my piano lessons!!!"  So... looks like we are sticking with the lesson.  All that discussion between me and Bobby just basically went down the drain within seconds of Charlie crying.  See what your children can do to you - twist us in their little finger.  Ha!!!

No comments: