Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Happy birthday to me!

My birthday was 2 weeks ago on June 12th.  Glad I made the blog post before the end of June :-)  I have been telling the boys that I turned 24 years old this year.  That should give you a good hint as to exactly how old I am :-D

We decided to celebrate my birthday at an Italian restaurant down by Redondo Beach. Come to find out, the restaurant was opened by one of our school mom's husband!  They are Italian and came out this way over 3 years ago.  He works at a different restaurant now but what a small world!
I had Bob order a cake from a bakery that specializes in bundt cakes. We had one of their cakes recently at a kid's birthday party.  The lemon one was particularly yummy so that's what we ordered.  The waitress took 3 photos for us and all of them were blurry.  Ha!
The restaurant brought me a birthday dessert and Charlie decided to decorate the bundt cake with the strawberries:
YUMMY cake!!! And we barely put a dent into it:
It took me another week to finish up just half of the cake.  Weird but Charlie wasn't particularly so keen on it. He LOVES birthday cakes but maybe this one just didn't have enough colorful icing and decoration??!
Okay, time for the gifts!  A lovely card + a little extra birthday spending money from my in-laws. Thanks!!!  A fancy pair of aviator sunglasses from my sister.  Wooooo....
I thought I had lost my magnetic/copper bracelet but actually found it in the wash a few days later.  Bobby actually planned ahead and had already bought a new one for me.  Nice and shiny!
The boys picked up some interesting tea for me from the mall:
There was also a birthday gift bag from Victoria's Secret. What an awesome birthday! But gosh do I feel old - somehow I had managed to sprain my left thumb, my right knee acts up occasionally, my right elbow is finally feeling better from the sprain during self-defense class MONTHS ago... Phew! Hopefully the list will be shorter by the next birthday.  LOL!!!

No comments: