Sunday, January 25, 2015

First real workout (since... forever!)

I finally signed up for a gym class today called Body Sculpt.  I had no idea what I was getting into!  I was able to get to it just in time after dropping both boys off at school this morning.  Once the instructor turned up the music, it was game on. And game on it was!  YIKES!!!  The first 10-15 minutes were lunges and more lunges.  I couldn't quite figure out the movements while watching the instructor so thankfully the lady in front of me was a great guide!  I've never quite worked-out by following beats of the music before so it was quite a challenge. Ha!  After the first set of exercises, I was already feeling pooped!  My legs were already like jello. And wait... another 45 minutes of the class to go??? No way!

Well, thankfully I survived the rest of the class. Not by much though.  There were push-ups, bicep and tricep workouts with the barbell, sit-ups, plank poses, running on the spot, squats, and who knows what else... gosh, I could hardly keep up! Needless to say, I was very happy when the instructor said "All done!" Some of the other participants looked like they were in pain too, so at least I wasn't the only one. He he...! While walking down the stairs to leave the building, I literally had to hold on to the railing. Otherwise, I would have just toppled over! And I'm glad I was able to drive home. Yes, it was THAT bad.

I have signed up for another class in a couple of days. It's more of a stretching class, which I really need so at least it won't be as intense (although I could be fooled!). If anything, the instructor is super-fit so at least I have that to look forward to. Haha... just kidding, honey.  I'm actually really looking forward to getting back into shape again, especially for my golf and this class with really push me into achieving that goal.  Need to hit the ball an extra 20+yards! :-)

Ok, so Day 1 at 150.2 lbs and waist of 88cm or 34.6". Hoping to get rid of that belly/muffin top, so bring it!!!

No comments: