Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Alamo

Had a chance to go see the Alamo this morning. I've heard of it before but never really knew what it was about, so it was good that I had a chance to check it out this morning. It basically started out as a missionary in 1724 where the Spaniards and their Native Indian converts would live. Then in the 1800s, the Alamo became a major site of the Texas Revolution. Davy Crockett was one of the frontiersman/soldier involved in the siege against the Mexican army.

There's also this HUGE live oak tree at the Alamo. I believe it's about 120+ years old!
I then checked out the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio. It's pretty neat. There's a river that runs through town and you can walk along the river. There are tons of restaurants and you can also get on one of the tour boats. I wonder how many people have fallen into the water, since there isn't much fencing along the walkway!

No comments: