Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bad Dream...

I can't remember too much of it, but from what I recall, it was pretty bad...
So, I'm at a golf tournament and my tee-time is at 10:40am. (Yes, can you tell where this is going???) I figured I better check my starting time, just in case. When I get to the lady with the tee-sheet, she tells me that my tee-time is at 9:40am. And of course, what is the time now? It's 9:45am! The lady asked me where I have been and that they have been calling my name through the intercom. Of course, it is as soft as it can be. So I rush to the tee box with my golf bag and I'm asking around to see if I can still go. They say yes. I put my bag down and whaddaya know... there are only about half a dozen clubs in my bag, most of them wedges! Obviously, I am quite frazzled by now. I declared to the officials that I can't play since I don't have all my clubs. I pick up my bag and go back to my room. On the way back to my room, I'm frantically trying to think what to do now - should I drive back to Tulsa? But that's a really long drive home. Should I just stay here the rest of the week? Or should I call my housing in Brownsville and tell them I'm arriving early? ARGHHH! And of course, in any dream, it's a maze to get back to my room. My clothes and other stuff that I have with me on my trip are all over the place, in different rooms. YIKES! And finally... I wake up, and thankfully it's just a dream? Or is it...?
Currently, I have about 7 wedges in my golf bag. I have one travel bag upstairs in the bathroom while I have my luggage downstairs on the kitchen floor. The new drapes for the bedroom are laying on the floor. The yard is overgrown with yellow flowers, i.e. weeds. I'm frantically thinking about what task to do next in the house. And I have house-guests coming over for dinner tonight. YIKES!!!
The only things I haven't done so far is miss my tee-time. Well, at least not on the Futures Tour. I did miss my tee-time once when I was playing in a mini-tour in Phoenix. Long story. And yes, that's an automatic 2-stroke penalty! (assuming you do have all your clubs and you are ready to play) :-s

1 comment:

S and T said...

Yikes, that sounds almost as bad as my waiting tables dream when nothing is stocked in the kitchen and people keep coming in...