Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Home sweet home!

It's good to be home again! Except it will only be for a short while. Yesterday's 10-hour drive was brutal - constantly fighting the wind. My arms were really tired by the end of the day!
During the drive home, there was a huge smoke cloud! At first I thought it was a bad storm cloud. I couldn't quite figure out where it was coming from and there wasn't quite a smokey smell either. Kinda weird...
My car reached a huge milestone yesterday - 200,000 miles! And of course, not too long after that, the on/off light for my cruise control went out. I suppose it could have been worse. At least the cruise control still functions.
Last week, I stayed with a new housing host in Daytona Beach. They didn't have the conventional dog or cat as a pet. Instead, they had a bird, some snakes, geckos, turtles and fish. I got a chance to watch feeding-time!
As for my tomato plant, it is growing really well! It is doing a lot better than the ones that sprouted at home. It's amazing how the amount of sunshine and warmth can affect the growth of the tomato plants. And oh, to my surprise, the second seed in the pot sprouted too! I figured the seed would have been lost since I did spill the pot more than once.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whey, driving also can take photo ah?

Cindy Lee-Pridgen said...

Yup... I'm really good at doing that now. And when I can't reach for my camera, there's always the one on my phone :-)