Monday, April 27, 2009

Historic Brownsville Open

What a week! I shot 73 (2-over) the first day and on the second day, I shot 2-under and was tied for second place! I ended up playing in the final group on Sunday!!! I think I had a perma-smile when I was going to bed because I was so happy and excited!
On Sunday, I started out 3 shots back from the leader. By the 9th hole, I was only 1 shot away! But then, after a poor chip on hole #10, I was back to 2 shots away and then, by the #11th hole... I was 4 shots away! Yup, I made a double-bogey on the 11th. Not the best time to three putt! The wind was blowing really hard all day long and it was really difficult to putt! I NEED to figure this out eventually! Perhaps we'll have to rent one of these giant fans back in Tulsa!
Well, none of us in the group played well on Sunday. The leader shot 76 (5-over). I shot 78 and the other girl shot 80. Luckily the leader started out the day with a 3-shot cushion so she still won the event by one shot. I, on the other hand, dropped from 2nd to tied for 12th. All in all, it was still a good week. I had 2 bunkers shots to play on #17 and #18. I'm glad that I didn't send the ball flying over the green into the gallery as they were rather long bunker shots. So, I'm happy with the little successes :-) And oh, my picture ended up in the local papers today - on the front page... and in color! The winner had her picture on the second page, in black and white!
On a side note, my cucumber is doing well! I did have both of the seedlings sprout, but one of them went limp earlier in the week, so I pinched off the leaves. Don't think I was suppose to do that, but obviously it's too late now. The other one is still doing great, thankfully. One more week before I can put it in a bigger pot at home! And speaking of pot, I was really tempted to buy another planter today! Looked like they had some nice mexican ones along the Highway 77 today. But I already have a pot in the backseat of my car. Yeah... I just couldn't help it. I bought a heavy square one when I was in Lafayette. I think it did the trick though of holding my car down during the windy drive today! ;-)

2 comments:

Jennifer Lynn Kovach said...

Great tournament! May your good play continue.
Your Friend,
Jen

Kiersten said...

Way to put yourself in position!