Monday, January 5, 2009

Another Green card update

Drove to Oklahoma City today to have my biometrics taken... i.e. finger printing. I arrived waaaaaaay ahead of schedule. I suppose better early than late since it's a 2-hour drive. After a few gummy bears and trail mix in the car, I decided to go in at 11am but the security guard would not let me in! He told me to come back at 11:45am for my noon appointment. Grrr...
So after a quick cup of coffee and muffin at Panera, I headed back to the Immigration office. And another note to self... leave the cell phone in the car! Finally, on the third try, they let me in.
These people are serious about finger-printing! They took finger prints of all 4 fingers first for each hand, then the thumb for each hand, and then every single finger after that! The lady rolled all of my fingers from side-to-side on this fancy machine. My fingers were constantly cleaned before each print.
Overall, the experience wasn't that bad at all. It was not as busy and crowded like I imagined it would be. There were probably only 4 applicants in the room at that same time (plus two others for interpreting). And oh, I found out that I will need to drive back to OKC again once I get the paperwork for my work permit. I don't understand why they can't just use the same finger prints that they just took!

On a side note, Bob drove my car to work today and on the way home, he wound down the window to talk to a friend and unfortunately, the window did go back up! So he had a chilly ride home tonight. It was probably in the mid 30s. Hehe... sorry honey! This same window incident happened when I was in Kentucky last year. I saw them repair it... so maybe I can give it a try! :-)

No comments: