Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Car window - Act II

After having the car sitting in the garage for a few extra days while I bought some new tools, I was finally able to get the window back up and down in order last night. But after a few more test, the window still kept coming off its track.
So today, I decided perhaps the window didn't need this one bolt. :-) And sure enough, it seems to work better! So, I put the door panel back... reattached some wiring... tested a few other things... and come to find out, now my car door won't lock! I had to detach the door panel again and attempted to take a peek at this door lock mechanism. I did some research online... and hmm... might be the lock actuator. I went back to the car and with my big torch light, took a few more looks between the window panel. I proceeded to remove a tiny screw... and at the back of my mind I'm thinking, if this screw falls, it would be too difficult to this thing back together! So I decided to screw it back in, pack up my tools, and called it a day. I guess I could have removed the glass window for better access but I just have this feeling that I'm going to break something. I don't need 7 years of bad luck!
I'm scheduled to bring my car into Honda tomorrow at 9am. :-s

No comments: