Saturday, September 2, 2023

Last bit of NJ and drive home (7/10~7/12)

After a quick weekend at the Jersey Shore (Point Pleasant), we headed back to Grandma and Pop-pop's house for a day.  We decided to make some French toast and Graham found Grandma's handheld mixer.  I told Graham to be careful with it because it even older than Grandma!
Time to measure on the wall:
Boys have obviously grown!
Since Charlie didn't catch any fish in Point Pleasant, we took a quick drive out to a park somewhere:
Pretty!  I don't remember the name of this park now.  Wait, I think it's called Speedwell Park.  Thank you, internet!
Turtle sighting!
Hi Graham!
Hi Charlie!!
Somehow Graham is not so interested in fishing, so he's keeping mommy company on the bench:
Or he's really on his phone - kids these days, I tell you!
Still fishing...
Graham's got this mischievous look somehow:
Charlie's going to try out a different bait:
Still no luck!  You figured any sort of fish would want to eat a bait like that!

Anyhow, it's dinner at the diner with Grandma and Pop-pop.  Always a good meal here :-)
And always sad to leave New Jersey:
Until next time!! But in the meantime, after a few hours of driving - we stop at Cracker Barrel for a meal:
Hmm, always tempted to buy something, but I'm so surprised I didn't!  Aren't these pots the cutest though?? I should have :-P
There's always time for DQ :-D
And we finally made it to an Olive Garden for dinner.  This photo was a quiz for Bobby, to try and guess where we were at:
The next day, I decided to take the longer route so we could visit Fair Oaks Farm:
I can't believe the boys talked me into this!
We were trying to get south of the storm....
I'm such a softie:
Yup, we came all this way to get Moo Moo a new brother!  Or was it a new sister??!
We picked up  Moo Moo at this same location during Spring Break.  I still can't believe I made this detour.  Ha ha! If anything, Graham said that the apple turnover from the supermarket/gas station convenient store is very yummy:
The trunk of this car did not look this disorganized going to NJ.  Ha ha!
We are actually at the Golf Club, waiting for daddy to join us for dinner:
Just glad I don't have to cook tonight!  And the sun is finally out when we arrived home.  Yay!!
A great start to the summer holidays!!

No comments: