Sunday, June 25, 2023

Happy Birthday to me!!

Another cycle around the sun! Yikes... 47 years old this year.  My vision has definitely been reminding me, let's just say - my lack of youth. LOL!!

My lovely hubby decided to take me out for breakfast.  I'm always such a sucker for these orange carrot with ginger juices.  And it's so funny, because we have a juicer and I could totally just do this myself!

But it's always so much easier when someone else cleans up the mess, isn't it? The juicer is definitely a pain in the butt when it comes to cleaning because it has so many parts!

Yummy breakfast!
I guess I will let Bobby sneak a few bites as he has been really good with his new diet/lifestyle. He has lost 25lbs since Spring Break (end of March).

Oh, and then we go pick up some free mulch.  On my birthday??! C'mon!
And seems that the boys have been busy with some Legos!  This is probably the only way I'm approving more Legos in this house:
And as the boys were handing this nice bunch of Lego flowers to me, Charlie imitated my voice and said, "It's only going to collect dust!".  So, he was listening to me.  LOL!!

I felt like fried chicken for lunch and of course, wish granted :-)
As for dinner, Bobby surprised me with a drive and dinner to Lake Geneva.  It's the Baker House!
Wait, that tow-away sign was blocking the house.  Here it is :-D
Our last trip to Lake Geneva (we're in Wisconsin, actually!) was during the Ice Sculpture festival in February.  It was so cold then! Crazy to think we were walking on the lake then.  One of these days, we may rent a boat to go fishing, but gosh - the rates are a bit higher than I had expected!

Fancy silverware!  One of the boys was the first to notice:
Some old decor that Charlie had to take advantage of :-)
Some cool patterns on the hardwood floor! I guess no one really cared about matching too much back in the days. Ha!
Giant mirrored mantel above one of several fireplaces:
Oooooh, I love this door knob :-D
Family we-fie! Thank you to my boys for a lovely birthday surprise XOX
I decided to have a bowl of clam chowder and some crab cakes.  Yummy!
Unfortunately, there was a little issue with our bill. Bobby wanted some protein with his salad but they didn't have any chicken. And when the bill came, the salad was $31!!! Anyhow, it was taken care of although no free dessert. Ha!

So we decided to head over to an ice cream shop for dessert.  Well, actually - Bobby forgot to bring my birthday present to the restaurant as well:
Oh la la... exciting birthday gift!!
Thank you, honey, for the lovely birthday present! Although, we just exchanged it for a different watch. H he... not the first time doing something like that :-P  But it would be so nice to finally have a watch that doesn't need any batteries to change. Yay!! 

No comments: