Sunday, June 11, 2023

Flowers blooming in the garden

There are so many new flowers blooming in the garden.  I'm guessing flowers and not actually weeds??!

I thought this one was a weed when it was coming up. Leaves and stem were sort of fuzzy but look how pretty! I think it's some sort of poppy:
Love them!
I got rid of one plant here on the side/behind the bench...
so I can plant this peony plant.  I've just come to discover them here recently and the flowers are so pretty!
My plant seems to be struggling a little bit. I had bought it from someone's garden.  I hope it survives!!
The roses in the garden are blooming.  I have some red ones and also some pink ones:
Not sure what this one is, but love how the flowers are bunched together like this:
Unfortunately the weeds are growing through the pavers, but thankfully the boys are here to help:
Or not?!? They abandoned their post pretty quickly!
Thankfully Daddy came downstairs with a plate of crepe, so that kept me quite for just a bit longer. Ha ha!!
I also bought/planted a couple of other peony plants.  These have flowers that are a "single" vs the "double" that's more fuller looking:
And these little ones - I had about 5 of them.  I can't remember the name of them now but also some sort of flowering plant for butterflies, most likely:
The Hosta plants are so overgrown so hopefully these new plants will still thrive! It's like a jungle on this side of the house. Ha ha!
Maybe these new ones will bloom by next year but in the meantime, we are enjoying the ones that were planted by the previous owner :-)

No comments: