Sunday, June 11, 2023

Orchid blooming

I can't believe I have a new bloom on my orchid!  This was one of the orchids that we had purchased from the Botanical Gardens a few months ago.  There was a kid working/volunteering there and he mentioned that this yellow orchid will have lots of buds, and he was totally right!

Here's the one bud getting ready to bloom:
Didn't take long for it to open up. I walked downstairs that same day a few hours later and it's opened up even more!
So pretty! I'm so happy :-D
There's a few more buds to open up so I hope I don't forget to water it!  
In the meantime, the white-colored orchid is still doing very well. I guess I have managed to finally find a good spot for these orchid plants.  It was probably way too dry when I was trying to grow orchids in California.  Well, I guess I better not jinx anything just yet - but so far so good!

No comments: