Sunday, June 11, 2023

Graham's hair donation

It was finally time for Graham to donate his locks! It's been almost 3 years now for him to grow his hair to the 12" requirement.  Well, you could donate at 8" but the charity would prefer for it to be 12" to make longer wigs.  And Graham would do anything to delay cutting his hair.  Ha ha!  But since school is out and the weather is getting warmer and with all the sweating and swimming the boys will be doing, we figured it was finally time.  Plus, it would be a lot easier to look out for ticks!

This is probably one of the few times I would let Graham be on his phone. He was squirming in pain when I had to tie up all these ponytails because of all of the knots in his hair!
Okay, we are ready! Although, Graham is saying "No photos".  Not so lucky here, kiddo!
Here goes, ponytail #1:
Hold on for a family we-fie! :-D
Oh, on a side note, I had just given Bobby a hair cut that morning as well. And I was supposed to use a #8 on the top but as I began to trim the very top part of his head, I said, "It's #3, right??" and Bobby's like, "Uh, no..??!"  Oops!  You're still looking very handsome, honey! I think Bobby had a job interview later that afternoon too, so I'm glad I was able to save most of his hair on the top. LOL!!

Ok, back to Graham... 
One ponytail cut, three more to go! Love Graham's smile here :-)
And isn't this odd, Bobby spotted a butterfly along the walkway near us:
I just saw this same butterfly a few days ago!
People talk about how butterflies are old souls.  Perhaps my late mom was watching! 

Charlie was definitely just chilling during this whole process since he had his buzz haircut/donation almost 6 months ago in December:
Look at all that hair!!
I'm so proud of Graham!!  I love the fact that the boys did this selflessly.  And I'm guessing Graham will probably want to grow out his hair again because he just really dislikes haircuts. But in the meantime, just short/buzzed for the summer :-D

No comments: