Friday, June 16, 2023

Charlie loves to fish

Charlie is totally hooked on fishing.  He said his goal this summer holiday was to fish 7 days a week!  

I was out on the lake kayaking with a few women/neighbors last week.  At the end of the evening, I went to visit Charlie who was fishing on the other side of the lake.  And just as I was approaching on the kayak, he caught a fish!

I thought it was funny how he didn't reel the fish in just a little bit more so he could reach the fish more easily with his net.  But what do I know about fishing. I've yet to actually catch one!

Charlie is doing much better at taking the hook out of the fish. It's funny how he is able to do that without actually touching the fish with his other hand. I'm just glad he has learned to use those pliers especially after hooking himself with a fish hook at the end of last summer.

Charlie in action!
It's a big one!!
Oh, see his stainless steel cup on the rock - he actually made himself some tea to take with him.  Ha! It's so hilarious because I drink a lot of tea in the afternoon and he totally picked up on that!

Time to take a photo for the books!
There's the one-hand release with the pliers:
There will be a fishing derby in the neighborhood during this upcoming July 4th weekend celebrations.  Maybe that is what he is training for! :-D

No comments: