Monday, April 24, 2023

More recent happenings

As per usual, never a dull moment in this household. Yup, I told the boys they could go ahead and get it...

Yup, it's a canoe that a neighbor is giving away!
The boys are obviously happy, especially Charlie.  Now he has a canoe to fish in this summer. Until we fix it up a bit, it's being dragged back to the house. Ha!
Omg, a whole bag of red M&Ms for Graham and a whole bag of blue M&Ms for Charlie this past Easter.  Grandma and Pop-pop definitely know how to spoil the boys!  Now they know that you can order the chocolate in a particular color.  Oh boy!
Some practice for Mommy while she preps for her qualifier and of course, I always bring my own "entertainment" along (a.k.a. Bobby).  He he!
This "office" isn't so bad:
Except it's going to be 40F tomorrow at 10am when I head out for a practice session.  Sheesh! If anything, I am finally filling up my locker at the clubhouse. Definitely need some extra sweaters:
And here's my new gadget this year - it's a device to track all of my numbers - like on TV when you watch a golf tournament:
I don't really know half of what those numbers really mean, but pretty cool, right??! Ha ha!!

By the way, I can't believe the amount of golf bags and golf clubs we have accumulated since Bobby and I have been together. Might be time for a garage sale or a donation to the charity store! 
On a separate topic, more caulking in the bathroom in preparation for Bobby's brother's visit - which has already passed actually.  Will post photos soon!
We finally bought a Boba-making kit and I would share it with Charlie.  He LOVES Boba!! It's not so difficult to make and instead of making regular tea, I make Rooibos tea which is naturally decaffeinated.  That way, Charlie can enjoy it too, with some almond milk, and a few splashes of agave syrup. Yummm :-)
Charlie is also starting to get better with using chopsticks!  Yay!!  Hopefully he can continue to improve by the time we make our trip to Malaysia this summer:
Graham has yet to really try using chopsticks.  He still rather use his hands and he is still getting his mouth all messy while he is eating.  It's like he is 12 years old going on 8 sometimes??!

Omg, what are the chances that we get stopped by not one but 2 trains going in opposite directions!
We've been here for almost a year now (by mid July).  I don't know why I'm still complaining about the trains. It's almost expected now, especially during rush hour. Ha!

Last weekend, we went to a STEAM event at the local college.  Graham and Charlie got a chance to do some soldering work:
Team work! Although, somehow Charlie ended up touching the end bit of that soldering tip to his thumb.  OUCH!!
Graham had always wanted his own personal soldering tool, but after seeing the 3D printer, he really wanted that instead!!
And now, there's even scanners where you can scan an item and it gets printed out on a 3D printer automatically.  Sheesh! What amazing technology!!
And where is Daddy???  Hmmm, perhaps he is that person by the big window, looking at silly internet stuff on his phone??!  Busted!! :-P
The boys loved "fighting" with these little Battle Bots:
And there were other robots to play with:
I think the boys are not quite into the building as much as they are into the playing.

Poor Graham, he got caught in the rain the other day while riding his bicycle. He wasn't quite totally soaked:
But, the poor kid fell off his bike and ended up with quite a boo-boo!
We decided to get some ice cream after dinner last weekend (we've been eating a lot of dessert after dinner!).  I managed to find this random frozen custard place:
Woah, #6 as Best Places for Frozen Custart in the nation??!  No way!
It would have been better though if Charlie and Bobby didn't drop my ice cream cone of Rocky Road.  So, Charlie was suppose to hand my ice cream cone to Bobby while I try to clean up Charlie's white windbreaker. And then, the cone slips off Charlie's hand, and Bobby tries to catch the cone a few times and juggles it around. By now, he probably has 3 blothes of ice cream on his pants and somehow, the cone gets flung onto this wall and my ice-cream plops onto the ground.  O... M... G... what just happened??! LOL!!!
Oh dear!!
Like I said, never a dull moment! :-)

No comments: