Monday, January 31, 2022

MN Trip (cont.) ~ Day 4

Since everyone in my sister's household is still pretty involved in work, school, and after-school sports, we decided it would be best for us to just bunk in the basement.  Not too bad of a setup.  It's a huge basement!  The boys have the floor on 2 little mats: 

Mommy and Daddy have a blow-up bed by the kitchen/bar:
Off to see another home today.  It's a gloomy day:
Boys actually liked this home... although I probably would like to make this window a bit bigger.  Always some sort of project in my mind.  Ha ha!  
It would have been a cozy home for us and it also backed to a trail.  I think that would be really necessary for us - easy access to some outdoor park so that would force us to go out even on a cold snowy day.

And speaking of cold, only these boys would want ice-cream on a cold day!!!
Okay, too cold outside - so we move back inside the ice-cream store.  Again, there goes our Covid rules on eating outdoors only!
My sister drives us around and finds a park for the boys to play at.  Yeah, as you can see... adults are all remaining in the car.  Ha ha!!!
I think we could literally leave them outdoors all day in this snow:
I suppose if you can see beyond the brown leaf-less tress and snow, it would be quite pretty :-P
So many people learning how to cross-country ski!!  I suppose we would drag the boys out for this one.  Or wait, the boys would drag me out for this one :-P
Lovely sunset on the way home:
Graham and Charlie still want to play outside.  What is it with Graham and shoveling??!
Okay, Charlie too!  He shoveled the entire half basketball court in my sister's backyard!
Meanwhile, Graham finds the sled in my sister's garage.  So much for telling him to be careful with his broken collar bone:
Ha ha, so cute.  Graham is dragging Charlie around on the sled:
Almost time for dinner and I've employed Bobby to peel potatoes.  And no, don't let him fool you.  I think he only peeled about 3 or 4 potatoes :-P
Here's a photo op with all of our "elves"!  Look how tall my sister's boys are.  Michael just turned 14 years old in January and Caden will be 10 years old in February:
I tried to replicate this photo of them - taken at the Phoenix Zoo on April 2016:
5 years later... and look at all of them now:
Seems that Charlie and Caden get along really well.  Caden is just 1 year older than Charlie and he told my sister how he felt so good having a younger "brother".  Awww, so sweet!
Early Christmas dinner!
We incorporated our tradition of Christmas crackers into this dinner.  And the theme tonight is musical whistles.  Graham volunteered to be our conductor:
Everyone has a whistle that is numbered:
Too funny!!! But what a blast!
Back to playing computer games after dinner:
And finally it's time to go to bed.  I forgot my night light so looks like this camping light will have to do.  Thankfully Bobby didn't complain too much.  Or maybe he did and I just told him to turn the other way?!
So glad our boys are able to spend some time with their cousins.  With the way things are with Covid, who knows when we will be able to visit again.  And by the way, the ham my sister made for dinner was super yummy!  Might have to add that to our Christmas meal next time :-D

No comments: