Saturday, January 8, 2022

Happy Wedding Anniversary!

Can you believe it, 15 years??! Here's a photo of us from back in 2007 at my in-law's place.  Or it could have been Dec 2006 when I went to visit them for the first time for Christmas. Ahhh, we were so young then :-D

And here we are in 2022... an attempt at recreating this same photo.  I look so tired here. I'm going to blame it to the early mornings for the first week back at school.  Ha ha!
It's been a good 15 years I have to say - with 5 different state-line moves and 1 international one.  Sure there's the downs that come along with the ups, but I really can't complain - roof over our heads, food on the table... Bobby has definitely provided for all of us despite all the challenges that has been thrown at him, especially this past year.

And we are still able to shower each other with gifts.  I got a new scarf:
And I bought Bobby a new handheld muscle massager:
Okay, perhaps the massager is for me also.  Although I think everyone in this household is using it. Somehow, Charlie's stuffed puppy is also eligible for this massage. Ha ha!
Even after 15 years, I've yet to enjoy olives the way Bobby does:
I'm glad we are still able to get some fresh juices.  I really miss that from our time living in Abu Dhabi.  Here's to the a healthier us in 2022!
This year, we decided to cook up a spiral ham for our anniversary dinner.  We had one at my sister's place when we were visiting MN last month:
I didn't realize how huge 8lbs of ham is!
Plus, this one was a bone-in.  I think the boneless one at my sister's was a lot easier to carve, but then again I thought this one had better flavor:
Looks like there will be a lot of ham incorporated into our meals for at least a week, or perhaps even more!

But as per usual, Bobby and I do share the love of eating.  Since Bobby was busy on our anniversary, we had a make-up lunch yesterday at a restaurant that we had never been to before.  YUM!!
And actually, since both boys are back at school this week, we also had a lovely breakfast this past Monday:
Ahhh, some sense of normalcy at least for now.  Although, I won't hold my breathe on it - the number of positive cases have been pretty high just this first week of school after the holidays.  Noooo...!!!

We've yet to play golf together this new year.  The voucher that we had purchased during the holidays is only good for Monday - Thursday.  So that will have to wait.  I did find this funny card for our anniversary.  It's so true!! I wonder what my underwear will look like in the next few years. LOL!!
I had to explain to the boys what the "thong" is. It was really funny seeing the expression on their faces. Ha ha!!!

Here's to many many many more happy years, my dearest hubby. Love you lots!! XOX

No comments: