Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Anniversary Gondola ride (Jan 9)

As an anniversary gift, I decided to surprise Bobby and the boys with a gondola ride.  Yes, even in California! The gondola goes around a little area called Naples Island in Long Beach. As per usual, across the Gerald Desmond Bridge to get to Long Beach:

We were a bit early so decided to check out this little area next door. Looks like they rent kayaks over here.  Graham was totally excited about this, although we will have to wait until his collarbone heals completely:
Looks like our gondolier is getting our gondola ready.  Not quite like the original as this one actually has 2 paddles instead of one:
Graham and Charlie look like gondoliers themselves with their striped shirt.  Ha ha!
Happy 15th anniversary, honey!
Bobby and I decided to sit in the back and had both boys sit in the front.  We told them they could be our chaperones.  They are obviously quick to keep at least an eye on us:
OMG, someone put a pirate in this very corner of the canal:
What amazing houses along here.  And of course their boats and what not:
And homes of different styles too. Supposedly this one belongs to a famous surfer - no idea who though:
The house to the left in this photo below is one of the older/original homes along this canal.  If so, I'm just glad that big tree is leaning the other way!
I had to take a photo of this one when I saw it.  Shaaaark!!!
Under the bridge we go.  There was actually a photographer on another bridge and the guy was happily snapping along while we went under.  Bobby and I of course kissed to help him out. LOL!!
About 50 minutes later, we are back within the bay.  This is probably why the gondolier needs 2 paddles instead of 1.  I wonder how sore I would be if I had to do this daily:
It was a nice quiet ride.  I'm glad the boys were fairly cooperative in making it enjoyable for everyone:
Off to an early dinner.  Check out the snow that's still hanging around on the mountain top:
I have no idea how we deal with Charlie all the time.  He definitely keeps our lives "interesting":
It is so pretty along the water once the sun goes down:
I managed to catch a great photo of the same Gerald Desmond Bridge on the way home.  I love bridges :-D
Another fun little adventure!  Although, I think Bobby still owes me a trip to Venice, Italy.  I want a gondolier that will sing to us :-D

No comments: