Saturday, January 29, 2022

Graham's collarbone update

Graham had another 2+ month follow-up for his collarbone this past Thursday.  And I can't believe it, it's still broken!  The doctor said that it's a stubborn bone.  Ha!

That "knot" around the cracked bone looks like it's definitely getting bigger - so I guess that's a good sign.  Here's a comparison from last month.  Latest x-ray on left side and x-ray from 1 month ago on right side:
Graham's first question to the doctor was, "Can I go surfing?"  Well, the answer was sort of yes at first but then when the doctor realized that he has to push himself off the board to ride the wave, he finally said no.  Well, all Graham heard was the first part obviously, but thankfully I was paying attention and heard the second part of the conversation too.  Maybe it was a mistake to buy Graham that surfboard this past Christmas!

Well, Graham can now participate in P.E. at school but limited to no-contact activities.  The first message I got from Graham once he got back to school after his appointment was, "I hate P.E!"  Hopefully he'll learn to like it again :-D

No comments: