Monday, October 11, 2021

The wall mural - "Rising"

So I've been calling it "The Wall" ever since I started painting on it, but perhaps the name "Rising" is appropriate?  Still work-in-progress with the name perhaps, but I think the mural is finally done!  Although after showing Charlie my final product, he said "Is it really done though? Is it really???"  Ha! Little stinker.

Well, I finally drew his bird that was in his textbook.  Those feather tails probably took the longest but I think the whole bird turned out quite well:

There was a bee buzzing around while I was working on the wall this morning.  It's a good thing I checked my mug before drinking my coffee.  Oops:
Maybe it might live??!  This bee must have really liked the honey in my coffee!
I filled up the sunray with a gradient color of orange-red to purple, similarly to the sunray on the opposite side.  Ta da!!!
Not too shabby?! :-D
I can't even remember what the wall looked like before so here's a quick reminder of the before, which started back in July:
Lots of kids' handprints on the wall (belonging to the previous owner):

And here's the final product - left side:
Right side:
And panoramic view of the entire wall:
So... am I really done??! Ha ha!

No comments: