Monday, October 11, 2021

Recent happenings

Here are some photos of what's been going on around the household.  First off, our watermelon is growing! Well, technically it's Charlie's watermelon. He insisted on growing them this summer but it has taken this long for one to finally start growing.  We've come to realize our bees are missing so we've been having to hand-pollinate:

My necklace is broken!  I tried to buy another ring to fix it but ended up buying the wrong thing.  Looks like this one might need professional help instead.  Bummer:
In the meantime, I have been able to fix Charlie's pendant:
Check out these flowers that are blooming in the backyard.  Wow!  Our neighbor actually gave us these flowers last Fall and I decided to put them in the ground.  Looks like they like this spot under the fig tree :-)
Charlie wants me to draw this bird from his school's textbook onto our mural/wall.  Oh boy!
The progress of making our own archery target is taking a lot longer than expected.  And it's taking a lot more cardboard boxes than expected!!!
Charlie LOVES boba!  He was my driving companion when I decided to check out these pair of used rollerblades.  Nothing like bribing him to come along with some watermelon boba:
Oh, and after picking up the new (used) rollerblades for just $10 (what a steal!!!), Charlie and I decided to check out a local charity store for some goodies.  And yup, found another sewing box.  I already have one of these but figured I'd clean this one up to give away as a Christmas present.  Woohoo!
Here's my first attempt at Red Bean Soup.  I ate a lot of this growing up in Malaysia.  Seems that the secret is dried mandarin/orange skin.  Yum!!!!  The smell and taste really did remind me of home a lot, although next time I think I will put some tapioca in it.  Charlie was the only other person that ate it in this household.  So needless to say, I was filled up with red bean soup for 3 good days!
This hawk has been hanging around our neighborhood recently.  It's a big one!
I'm not sure if you can see, but there's actually a tiny bird on that same wire towards the right end of the photo.  I'm surprised it was actually that close to the hawk - like it was mocking it.  Ha ha!

Speaking of mocking, I finally had Bobby pick up a hatchet.  Daddy decided to come home with a coconut that wasn't pre-cut for a straw and there was no way I was going to ruin my knives!  So here we go... for the love of coconuts:
And for the love of our Charlie... he loves his coconuts!!!
Momma 1: Coconut 0

Don't ever mess with Momma when she has a hatchet :-P

No comments: