Monday, October 25, 2021

New paint project

Okay, so call me crazy but every time I look up towards the ceiling of our back patio - I am just not happy.  So I decided to just start painting it.   This was suppose to have been a summer project as there's so much to prep!  The existing paint is scraping off so that needs to be cleared up, although I am not going to sand it down.  That is just waaaaaaay too much work.  Ha!  So hopefully just painting will clean it up a bit.  But first off, time to pick the paint color:

I was thinking of maybe something lighter but this probably works too.  "Wild truffles" it's called - flat sheen and crazy expensive. Sheesh! And I really wonder who comes up with these names.  Ha ha!
No turning back now!
And oh, I found the jumpsuit that I had bought a while ago.  Ha ha!  Keeps me safe from the paint! Although I did just get some dripping paint on my face the other day. LOL!!!
At least the hummingbirds are still coming by and not afraid of me in my suit :-P
I would be afraid of ME in this outfit.  The boys said it will be my Halloween outfit.  Ha ha!
Unfortunately, you can still see a lot of the unevenness but like I said, there's no way I'm sanding this. Hopefully once the new string lights are up, no one will even notice it (other than me, of course!):
Okay, 2 panels done...
And a gazillion more to go! Phew!!!
And there's also a few smaller panes on the outer part as well.  Maybe I shouldn't have started this project at all.  Alrighty, wish me lots of luck!!!

And oh, Bobby wants me to change out those old florescent lights too.  Guess I'll have to change out my "hats" to do that too.  Ha ha!  :-P

No comments: