Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Skate boarding? (Jan 3)

I always wanted to learn how to skateboard.  Well, I finally had my chance earlier in the year.  We had bought - I mean, Santa had bought Charlie a new scooter this past Christmas.  And since my bicycle is still not working properly, I thought... Why not try Graham's skateboard??!

Well, first we have to wake Charlie up!  He was so excited he even had his helmet on for the car ride:
Okay, here goes!!!
Graham's "I am the Stig" shirt is finally getting so small for him!  We had it in the drawer for him for the longest time because it was so super big and then, blink of an eye and it's almost ready to hand down to Charlie!
Charlie had a couple of crashes but all good!
Okay, so I didn't have any photos or videos of  myself skateboarding.  I didn't want to break my phone (or myself!) in case I fell over trying to work the phone. The boys were thankfully very patient with me and went ahead and turned around several times while I slowly progressed along the beach.  After a little while, they decided to just play on the sand which I was almost thankful for.  My hip was really feeling it by then!
Graham and Charlie just LOVES being by the beach.  It will be tough to beat if we had to move away:
Lots of shells on the sand here:
And here are just some random sayings that I like from one of the local stores:
This one could be a good one to paint on a bathroom wall :-)
Haven't been back on the skateboard since.  I may need to just secretly practice in the backyard before the next trip out.  Just happy I didn't fall on my face or bum! And that the boys weren't laughing at me on any of my attempts to skate.  They were super supportive riding their scooters next to me at times.  So sweet!

No comments: