Monday, January 27, 2020

Recent happenings

Okay, so maybe not so recent as these were photos were taken between Christmas and New Year's Day :-P

I attempted to make some biscuits from scratch.  The first batch was rather dense so I learned that you don't have to cut the butter into the flour too much. 2nd batch was much better!  I don't have a round biscuit cutter so my Christmas cookie cutters will just have to do.  Graham and Charlie loves the shapes :-)
The flowers on the side of the yard are coming along really well!  These were planted about a year ago:
I added more pavers and gravel on this other side of the yard. The duckies in the dry bed have not moved despite the rain earlier in the month.  I still need to fix my drain! The water was overflowing during the heavy rain last time and was still going over to the neighbor's yard.  Darn gravity!!!
As if I didn't have enough to water, but the bowl was just accumulating water and no birds come out to the front yard.  So... more flowers!  Hopefully the rest of the flowers that were planted this year will bloom and fill up like the ones on the side:
Trying out Daddy's new Christmas present - a pancake mix dispenser.  It works really well!
Teaching Graham how to make pancakes:
Yumm... blueberry pancakes.  Someday, maybe the boys might surprise me with breakfast in bed!
But then I'm sure they will leave me this same mess in the kitchen sink! Ha!
One can only dream for now... LOL!!!

No comments: