Sunday, December 8, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving (Nov 28)

This Thanksgiving was a bit more exciting with a visit from my uncle and aunt who lives in England!  We had last seen each other when we had gone over to England for Spring Break in April 2017.  Hmm... somehow it seemed longer than that.  Wow, this house has definitely taken over my time!

But with that said, the patio in the backyard is a hit!  My uncle and aunt couldn't believe how sunny it is here in SoCal and really enjoyed just sitting in the backyard.  Charlie is too funny with his sunglasses!
It's an easy day on their first day - we pick up some food from the supermarket and I introduced my aunt to tuna poke.  We stop by the Point Vicente Interpretive Center for a picnic on the grounds:

A typical sunny Saturday and got to also watch a person in their motorized glider:
This place by the lighthouse is just spectacular!  Can never get tired of this scenery. We are so lucky!
The boys being boys:
Again, the boys being boys:
Wait, did I already say boys being boys??!  Ha ha ha!
Fun day at Terranea!
The next day, I baked up some pumpkin scones.  Not as tasty as I would have liked but I cooked up some strawberry jam and that made up for over-baking the scones.  Yay! :-)
We head over to the beach to catch the sunset on Sunday.  Graham buys his new umbrella from Target and insist on taking it to the beach:
Almost a must-do when you come to the beach - take a photo at the Lifeguard post!
I don't remember who this is... Charlie or Graham???
While my aunt, uncle, and I are admiring the sunset, Graham and Charlie are keeping themselves occupied by climbing trees:
Pretty sunset!
It's a chilly night so we opt for some chocolate fondue and crepe for dessert at our favorite crepe place.  YUM!!!
The following day, more sightseeing and food of course.  I didn't realize that the gelato shop in Manhattan beach also served these gelato-stuffed donuts.  Super YUM!!!
The weather is a bit nippy on Manhattan Pier!
 Ahhh... it is better by the fire in our backyard :-)
My uncle and aunt checked into a hotel on Monday and scheduled for a bus tour around Los Angeles on Tuesday.  So glad they did that because I wouldn't have known where to take them!
Love these photos that they took:
In the meantime, I am baking up my pumpkin cheesecake pie. Somehow, it has become my "infamous" pumpkin cheesecake pie.  Bobby and Graham and Charlie kept raving about how delicious the pie is so the pressure was definitely on!
Oh, wait... see that bandaid on my hand? Well, if you recently read one of my previous post - I had managed to stab myself with a screwdriver! And I wasn't even trying to do anything too crazy.  I was just trying to change out a door knob. Ha!  Almost 3 weeks now and thankfully my hand is feeling better:
If you're wondering why there is a bump on that left side... well, that's how far the screwdriver went under the skin.  And I only found that that this one side above the scar is numb this past week.  I must have severed a nerve.  Booo hooo...!!!

Okay, back to a cheerier story!  Well, it would have been nice if Thanksgiving Day was a sunny one but it rained and rained and rained!  On our drive to our favorite restaurant Seasons 52 in Costa Mesa, we see a rainbow!!!
This has GOT to be the BIGGEST or FATTEST rainbow ever!!!
I wasn't sitting in the front seat so I didn't quite get a good photo of the rainbow.  But I did get a good view of Charlie taking a catnap before dinner :-)
While we wait for our reservation...
This place never disappoints.  Extra gravy please!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  So thankful of family!!!
I can't believe my uncle finished his entire dish... as he says "Finished!":
And of course, never a surprise as to how many desserts the boys can finish:
Looks like everyone has a happy belly!

The next day/Friday, uncle Tony tries his hand on the violin:
The weather is clearing up a bit so instead of being indoors in a museum, I take my uncle and aunt to the Botanic Gardens.  It was nice and quiet and looks like everyone had fun!
And then, after lunch in a noodle restaurant in San Pedro, we hit the Cabrillo Aquarium.  I love how these places don't have an admission fee but yes, we did put a few bucks in for donation.  What is it with boys and climbing:
I'm glad we were able to introduce some weird looking animals to my aunt and uncle.  And then, on the way home, a quick stop-over by the completed mosaic wall.  Isn't it amazing!
What a fun trip!!!  So glad my aunt and uncle decided to come by and visit.  Hopefully there will be more family times together!

No comments: