Wednesday, September 18, 2019

New paint on front door

After posting the boys' First Day of School photo, I just noticed how bad our front door looked.  And if you look at the photo again, you can see that I was sampling a paint color on the bottom left side of the door.  And I had also started sanding down the door but it was really difficult doing it manually!  I decided to buy a new sander that comes with a bag (so the debris doesn't go everywhere!) and will totally forget that I have an old on buried in the garage somewhere ;-P

I finally had a whole day to myself after dropping the boys off at school last Tuesday.  Well, not really the whole day but 9am to 2:30pm is a good day!  So first off, time to take off all the hardware:
And then after all the sanding, I had to prep the door for painting.  That glass area was a pain in the butt to tape!
No turning back now!  It's a dark blue color called Dark Denim.  I bought the "best" based on what the paint guy mentioned - water resistant, mold resistant, etc... all I heard after that I think was "most expensive". Ha ha!  And if only it was heat resistant too!  I wonder if there is some sort of additive that we can put in to make it heat resistant.  Hmmm... looks like some research is needed here:
Ta da!!!  Hopefully if I have done my homework right one the Feng Shui color, it should bring in prosperity :-)
I can't figure out what to do with this glass... maybe paint over some of it?
An hour or so later, it's finally time to put in the hardware.  Only after almost a year in this house, we are finally changing out the key pads and locks!  We definitely trusted the previous owners. LOL!!! And gosh, so many instructions for keypads installation but thankfully not too difficult to follow.  Although the previous keypad was slanted so that means this one is too.  Urgh!
And the bottom handle was the original hardware as well but it was installed in the backdoor in the master bedroom.  The previous owners must have been renting the master bedroom???  Well, I think it looks much better being back where it belongs:
The house has gone through quite the transformation since Day 1 of being purchased.

Before:

After:
Amazing what a different paint color scheme can do!  But gosh, still a long way from where we want it.  As you can see, we are still debating on paint color for the garage door.  Is the light blue too blue???  And we also have to fix the pavers on the front stoop.  One thing at a time I guess!  And oh, don't even get me started about the backyard!  Baby steps... baby steps... and I just have to continuously remind myself to keep breathing!

No comments: