Monday, September 30, 2019

Bubble Run 2019 (Sept 7)

I had decided to sign everyone up for this event as it was going to be in and around the Anaheim Angels baseball stadium.  But this was before knowing that we would have gone to a ballgame in July for Charlie's birthday!  In any case, it was still a fun day!!!

First order of business, sun screen!!!  I love how Graham was "rubbing" the sunscreen into Daddy's cheeks :-)
Graham was obviously attracted by the bubble machine so he went to explore while we waited in line to pick up our t-shirts.  Can't believe they made us pay for these on-site!  It would have been free if we picked it up from the Dick's Sporting Goods the day before but the store was about 1hr away!
Anyway... we are here and already having a "bubbly" time!
I saw some photos from previous Bubble Runs and some kids were wearing swim goggles.  Thought it was an excellent idea!
Just hanging out by the ticket booths for our time slot:
I couldn't find my cellphone clear protector so I opted to use the plastic bags that our shirts came in.  Now if I can only keep that bag out of the way when I take photos:
Go team Go!
The Start Line - you can see the bubble foaming from a machine hanging above:
Here goes!
I did not go directly under and went around instead, so I only got my shoes foamy. Ha ha!
We continue going around the track laid out in the parking lot.  Graham is happy jumping over cones:
Double foamer!!! Graham is going back in for more!
Gosh... makes me wonder what chemicals they use to make these colors!
We are heading into the Angels Stadium!
Family we-fie on the baseball grounds!
Looks like an Angels pitcher is on the injured list and just practicing instead of traveling:
Graham decides to say hello and the pitcher's training buddy decides to give us a baseball!
It's actually a signed baseball and the guy told us who it was, but I couldn't really hear him.  And so now we have a mysterious signed ball because we couldn't find a #32 on the Angels roster!
The boys were so excited to see themselves on the Jumbotron!
Okay,... back outside and I have decided to go directly under the foaming machine:
You know, it doesn't really stick if you are under it.  But if you actually go through it... like Graham... LOL!!!
Again, this dye is making me worry!
So glad Graham had his goggles on but Oh My Goodness!!!
Blue dye, red dye, and green dye... oh boy, oh boy!
We are back at the next level up in the stadium.  The boys' shirts are completely soaked at this point compared to Bobby and me:
Who knew there was all this stuff up on this level:
This is a pretty nice stadium:
Wall of fame:
Okay, on last bubble foaming station!  I am so glad the boys didn't get trampled over.  You literally could not see them once they were under/in that foam:
Ha ha,... Graham and Charlie cleaning each other up:
Homestretch:
I think it took us about 1.5 hours to get to the finish line!
Yay! Everyone gets a medal!!!
Graham is still not quite done with the bubbles:
But everyone is shutting down now.  Not sure if we would do this again next year though.  It was fun but I think the mud run was a lot better.  Bobby and I both agreed that the grass and greenery beats the concrete.  But, if we do decide to do this again next year, I told Bobby he needs to dress up like these men:
And oh, 3 weeks later and this green dye is still embedded in some parts of my feet!
Fun day at the Bubble Run!  Definitely one to remember :-)

No comments: