Saturday, June 15, 2019

Recent happenings

I've been trying to decorate Graham and Charlie's bathroom a bit.  So far, this is the only thing I have come up with:
I have seen this saying on t-shirts and also elsewhere on the internet.  So I bought a blank white board and wrote it down for the boys.  Perhaps if we get bored with this saying, I can switch it up to something else :-)
The trampoline has another rip!  This time it is on the area where the boys climb in and out of:
I bought some fun fabric and some new foam.  Who knew foam is so expensive!
I have placed the fabric and foam but haven't really attached it yet properly.  In time... :-)
In the meantime, I have been busy with more succulents.  I found this heart shape clay that Graham made in Abu Dhabi.  I figured, why not!
There are still so many succulents that I volunteered to plant some by my friend's office:
I'm not sure if the succulents will survive though as there is no sprinkler system.  I guess only time will tell:
And PS: Something else has invaded the backyard!!!
I posted this photo on a neighborhood app and seems that it is called "4 o'clocks".  Supposedly they bloom until 4pm??!  Well, they have been self-seeding and making more and more plants in the yard!  Pretty but more than happy to give them away if anyone wants them!!!  AaaahhhhhHHH!!!
Another thing happening around here, we have picked up some "blue signs" as the City calls it.  My attempt to get speed bumps and other traffic calming suggestions were completely shot down.  This will have to do for now.  The City did put a mobile radar on the top of the hill, but it's by a Stop sign.  How will that tell the driver how fast they are going if they are needing to stop at the Stop sign??!
Here's our new mailbox!  The boys and I have been busy browsing around an antique store in San Pedro and actually spotted an old rotary phone.  Instead, I spotted this pretty mailbox and got this instead.  I have have to take this with me if/when we move away!
I tried to microwave some brown rice and as you can tell, it didn't work very well.  I knew I should have just taken the time to do it on the stove top!
And how is it still foggy on the hill???!  It's June!!!  At least that's how it was during the last week of school for the boys:
It's been warm this week - to a point it's 85F in the house!  I just cleaned out our old-looking air conditioner unit in the back living room.  I managed to cool down the house 1-2 degrees in like 1 hour. I wonder what our electricity bill will look like this month.  So far, the solar panels have generated LOTS!  We have only had to pay the minimal payment of about $5 the past few months!
Maybe if I put a nice wooden frame around the a/c unit and added some framed photos on the wall? You think the ugly a/c might blend in??? LOL!

Learned something new called Macrame last week.  It was a free class at the local library.  Charlie actually wanted to learn it when he saw this:
We'll see how long these air-plants will last.  You are suppose to soak them in water once a week for about 15 minutes.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: