Saturday, June 8, 2019

Charlie biking

Charlie finally learns to bike without this training wheels!  Not sure if he has been practicing at all with the balance bike in the backyard, but somehow he has figured it out!
Graham had actually won a "Golden Ticket" in school to go biking with some of the other 3rd Graders from school.  They went biking along Redondo Beach, accompanied by the 3rd Grade teachers too.  What a fun excursion!  Here is Graham and his teacher Mrs Stevens - it has been such a blessing to have her this past school year as she is always on it on Graham to finish his work in class! (And at home too!)
Here are the boys!  I took Charlie out on my bike separately.  Speaking of which, somehow my back brakes aren't working well anymore! Grrr.... :-\
The quick safety meeting before the kids go out on the bicycle path along the beach:
Here are some photos courtesy of Graham's teacher.  When I saw this one, I had to laugh because this is just typical of Graham trying to dig the biggest and deepest hole!
Graham was helping all the kids get all the kites up.  Glad we have taught the boys this life skill!
Seems like Graham is enjoying his time kite-flying:
Meanwhile, Charlie and I are out on the rocks by the beach.  We spot a crab!
Not big enough to cook up with chili and garlic :-P
Not too bad for Charlie - he did lose his balance 2-3 times on the trail and walked away with scratches on his one leg and needed a band-aid on his one finger.
Now I just have to fix my bike for more bike rides in the summer!  I knew I should have spent more money on a better one.  Oh well!

No comments: