Monday, June 17, 2019

Happy birthday to ME! (June 12)

Another year older!  I managed to lie to Charlie last year about my age, but he has grown smarter this year.  So I can't tell him that I am 34 this year :-P  And Graham is definitely too smart for his age!

We headed out to the beach on my birthday.  One of the mom's from school invited us to the beach.  Since I had nothing planned for the day, I figured it would be a good day to spend on the beach. There were about 7 families - with all boys and 1 girl!

Charlie has hijacked my chair and umbrella:
It was pretty cloudy all day.  The boys enjoyed playing with the kite although towards the end of the day, Graham lost the line and it ended up in the bushes.  Glad the shrub didn't tear up the kite or tangle the line but that was enough for me to put it away for the rest of the day:
The waves were a bit bigger than 2 days ago when we came out bodyboarding. And there were so many dolphins close by! Couple of them even jumped out of the water.  Didn't manage to take any photos of the dolphins.  Maybe next time I need to bring my big camera out to the beach:
I decided to get our wagon back out to carry all of our stuff from the car to the beach and back.  How on earth did we accumulate so much stuff just for one trip to the beach??!  3 bodyboard, towels, change of clothes, one big umbrella, one small umbrella, one kite, and of course snacks and water. Good thing Graham insisted on pulling it up the ramp :-)
Bobby joined us for dinner after work.  By this point, we had already spent about 4 hours on the beach.  I was ready to eat!
Such monkeys!!!  We tried a new restaurant across the street from our favorite crepe restaurant.  It was not as good as I was expecting.  Although the lava cake didn't stand a chance!

And since I really didn't get to blow out a candle the day of my birthday, I grabbed one of the two remaining bundt cakes from the fridge (from Graham's birthday) and had the boys sing to me the following day.  Chocolate Chocolate Chip is quite yummy first thing in the morning :-D
The US Open is on this week so I get to watch that on TV while I admire my sun-burnt feet.  Funny enough I actually put some sunscreen on the boys' feet and totally ignored putting any on my own feet. Definitely learned my lesson.  Thankfully it wasn't bad enough to peel.  What a mess that would have been!
By the way, before being able to relax and watch golf, I had to clean up the house after the trip to the beach!  An appraiser was coming to the house the day after my birthday as we are planning on refinancing the house.  And of course, the house is almost always in a mess!  But who knew we had that much floor to show once all the stuff was dumped in the garage. LOL!
The house actually showed quite well despite it being quite busy with all the excess furniture.  The appraiser even said "You have a nice house", which made me very happy!
Now I just have to make sure I clear up some of that additional stuff I had put in the garage.  I even put our dirty laundry in there. HA HA HA!!!

Another birthday done! I think Charlie is the happiest now because he proceeded to say "Now, it's MY birthday next!!!"  Poor kid has to go through 3 birthdays in a row within a month before his turn to celebrate.  He is coming up with all sorts of ideas.  Might take a whole week to celebrate his birthday! :-)

No comments: