Monday, January 22, 2018

Rain!

It rained a couple of weeks ago - our first real rainfall since our move here!  Time to bust out my Wellies.  Yes, Hello Kitty ones. I bet the girls at the school were jealous. HAHA!
It was so windy as well:
I meet Bobby for lunch at Manhattan Beach and while waiting for him, I walk down the hill (half a block) towards the water and it starts to rain???!  And so I head back up the hill and the rain stops.  Too weird!
Lunch was so yummy.  We split a meatball sandwich although I probably could have eaten the whole thing!  It was so delish with unexpected banana peppers in the sandwich.  Who knew that would actually work together:
It was definitely nice to see rain again:
It made pick-up a little bit tricky but thankfully it reduced to a drizzle.  And although the boys were tempted to jump into the puddles, they listened to their mommy (for once!) and kept their shoes and socks dry.  I know, Mommy is no fun but it would have been too messy! Like Graham's shirt - he slipped and fell a few times while playing in the "Gaga pit" at school a few days before the rain:
I have washed this shirt like 3 times now and it is still dirty!  Boys, I tell you!  And if you are wondering what the "Gaga pit" looks like, here it is:
In this "Gaga" game, you hit the ball with your hand and try to get your opponents below the waist.  There has been lots of tears and drama in this pit but after a few months, I think Graham is starting to get the hang of it and playing by the rules as well - at least to my knowledge.  I dread getting that phone call from school!

No comments: