Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Beat the Pros - Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship (2017)

The golf club in Abu Dhabi recently hosted the HSBC Championship again for the Men's European Tour.  I feel so upset and sad that we were not able to go back there to watch it!  I was so sure we would make it back, but I guess reality set in once we are now here in California.

Anyhow, I thought I had posted this before but seems like I didn't!  Last year during the Championship, Bobby was able to tee it up on a Par 3 with the Professionals - the pros in his group being Pablo Larrazabal of Spain, Paul Dunne of Ireland, and Kiradech Aphibarnrat of Thailand. It's the Par 3 - 15th hole and Graham, Charlie, and I were able to be there to support him.  Our good friend John was on the bag with him on the tee that morning.  Here the video and of course, it was also on live telecast on TV!  You may want to turn up the volume so you can hear the commentary.
Even my name was mentioned and I like how the announcer says "Well done Dad, you made contact!" As you can tell, the boys had lots of fun too and was able to walk up to the green with Bobby.  Great memories of Abu Dhabi!

No comments: