Monday, January 22, 2018

"Ladybird park"

We went around the back of the apartment and found this nice green space.  I figured it was a good spot for the boys to practice their balance bike and ride their scooter as it has a gradual slope. The view here is definitely relaxing:
Did you figure out why we call it Ladybird Park yet?
Did you spot it yet?  Charlie had so much fun looking!
Yup! Ladybirds! Or... lady bugs???! I guess it should be bugs and not birds, right?
There were so many of them.  They ended up in our bag and also on our clothes. We had to do a ladybug check before leaving the park.  Although I probably should have brought a couple home since the heat and dryness promoted spider mites again and this time on our pumpkin plant! :-(  I only found out later that ladybugs actually do love to eat spider mites but by then, I had already given my pumpkin plant a rather aggressive trim. And we are down to one plant now:
Seems like the plant is still surviving... for now.  I did head back to the park the following day and picked up a couple of lady bugs but they disappeared pretty quickly.  Maybe that is a good sign - no mites to eat???
In the end, Charlie didn't actually practice on the balance bike.  We took the dirt path back to the apartment with spectacular views of the coastline.  Yes, we are getting pretty spoiled out here :-)

No comments: