Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our first Thanksgiving in Abu Dhabi!  We had the option of actually ordering a turkey meal from the local golf club nearby, but we opted to go with meatloaf and mac-n-cheese again. I think this is our 4th year in a row doing that now.
Unfortunately it looks better than it taste!  And it didn't help to have Graham all grumpy at the table:
Thankfully we have silly Daddy to cheer things up!
And as usual, it was that time of the year to make pumpkin cheesecake pie.  Except this year, I could not find pumpkin puree. And I also did not have a roller.  The can of cherry filing worked just fine when it came to crushing the ginger snaps for the crust! And the boys enjoyed helping:
And I forgot to buy heavy cream so I substituted it with a couple little cups of cherry yogurt.  I also used pancake syrup instead of maple syrup. Wow...talk about super sweet!
The cheesecake pie didn't turn out as well either as what I would have liked. I may have to stock up on a couple cans of pumpkin puree on my next trip back to the US and be sure I use real maple syryp!

Unfortunately, Bobby had to get back to work on Thanksgiving night.  Perhaps next year, we'll have a more traditional Thanksgiving and leave the cooking to someone else!

No comments: